Daily Brian

Go ahead, bookmark this page. You know you want to. Come on, peer pressure. Everybody's doing it. You need fast access to this page. Just do it.

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Annual Credit Report

If you weren't already aware, all Americans are entitled to a free credit report from each of the big 3 credit agencies each year. You must go to the federally run central agency in order to do this for free. If you go to Experian, Equifax andTransUnion seperately, you get charged.

I paid for mine back in February and found a great number of errors. I had never looked at my credit history prior to that. I disputed the errors online and when I got my free credit report last week, those errors were all gone.

Not to condone the wrong behavior, but you can dispute everything...whether it's valid or not. They send the dispute to whoever said you owe money. They have 60 days to validate that the claim is still active. If they don't, voila. It's gone. If they do, no harm no foul. It's just you asking if you had paid it yet or not. There were so many errors on mine, I just disputed everything. When it came back, I know some of the valid ones disappeared as well as the errors.

Also, if you owe money to a hospital or doctor, you can add a note that says "medical". When someone checks your credit for lending purposes, they ignore medical debt.

Again, I'm not condoning the misuse of this information. I'll post a permanent link in the ol' links section.

3 comments:

At 2:06 AM, September 30, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a wonderful devious mind you have. Have you ever thought of being a lawyer?

 
At 10:10 AM, October 02, 2005, Blogger bunnyjo georg said...

Why get paid to harass people when you can do it for free and have so much fun?

 
At 9:22 PM, June 15, 2013, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm gone to inform my little brother, that he should also pay a visit this website on regular basis to get updated from most up-to-date gossip.

my site ... cheap car insurance georgia

 

Post a Comment

<< Home